Revolutionizing the way we and learn
It is with much anticipation and excitement that the new TeachOrTutor.com web site is launched. This site is now ready to welcome both teachers and tutors to its online community. After years of research and develop TeachOrTutor.com is now ready to declare itself “open for business.”
Ruben Lira, President of TeachOrTutor.com says, “We are really excited! We have created this community to serve the needs of both the instructors and the students. Now we are officially open for business.”
At TeachOrTutor.com anyone can become a tutor or teacher, regardless of their experience level. Here you will be given all of the tools that you need to reach out to students who need your help. The best part is that all of this can be done via the Internet, from the comfort of your own home.
You will notice that founder Ruben Lira has set this site up in such a way as to make it look like the classified section of a national newspaper. In this environment people can come together to teach and to learn. The layout of this web site allows for close interpersonal communication between students and teachers. As such both teachers and tutors will now have a platform upon which they can share lessons with students. At the same time teachers and tutors will also be able t profit from high quality traffic, higher click-thru-rates and great sales conversions.
So, come and join us and be part of our team! It is very easy to do and it is FREE. So, go ahead and start making money today. Together we can revolutionize the way in which students learn!
As one member of TeachOrTutor.com says, “Here at TeachOrTutor.com you will be able to easily establish your teaching or tutoring services. The best part is that all of this is free, regardless of the number of listings you create. This really is the best place online to be a teacher or tutor today.”
If you are ready to become a teacher or tutor, you are invited to start using the services at TeachOrTutor.com today.
Online tutoring acts as a supplemental education for whenever you are taking a class and learning new things. This can be very advantageous in that both your classroom and your instructor are essentially available 24/7. Therefore, you can easily clear up any doubts that you may be having before you go online for a chat simply by sending an email to your instructor. Another benefit to online tutoring is that it can easily be rescheduled at your convenience. As such, you really do have everything that you need in order to make your learning more enjoyable and interesting right at your fingertips. In fact, the reality is that the whole world of information is right there in front of you.
With online tutoring there really is an immense amount of flexibility available to you. This is because you get to decide when you want study and whom you want to study with. So, if you are uncomfortable with the tutor that you have, you can easily ask for a replacement without ever having to face the tutor that you dislike again.
Another benefit of online tutoring is that you will not ever get tired of traveling. You also never have to worry about what the weather conditions are outside again. Both of these things really should help to improve your concentration on the topic that is being taught.
Of course, besides simply saving money on the cost of gas and time when it comes to traveling, you will also save money on parking charges and child care as well. Plus you may not even have to lose money by missing time at work so that you can be tutored.
Thanks to the one-on-one nature of online tutoring, you will be able to quickly clarify your doubts and move forward fast. This is because while you may not be comfortable asking questions in class because you may think you will feel stupid, you will be able to easily avoid this with online tutoring wherein you are simply typing your question into the chat window on your computer. Of course, you can also always shoot off an email to you instructor even after your tutoring session has finished. This is something that is not always possible with traditional tutoring and so you may forget questions or you may lack the courage to ask a silly question in front of the rest of your class.
With all of this in mind you can easily see how online tutoring could be the way for you to receive the help that you need. It is also nice to be able to meet students and tutors from different countries who could really help you to learn more about things other than just the subject that you are studying. This will then help you to succeed in the future global village while making you want to learn more about many new things. So, as you can clearly see, the possibilities here with online tutoring truly are endless.
One of the most hotly contested topics in the world of education today is “No Child Left Behind.” This rather radical concept is that nobody can seem to agree upon. In fact, years ago this would have been unthinkable.
The No Child Left Behind act was instituted in 2001. One of the biggest problems with it is that most people do not really understand what it means. Parents think that it means that their child cannot be held back in school for poor grades, which is not true. Instead, the reason why No Child Left Behind was instituted was so that poorer school districts could give their children the same level and quality of education as children who were in the richer school districts. In order to achieve this the poorer school districts are allocated a certain amount of additional money, which increases yearly.
Of course, there is a catch and this is where the arguments come from. The catch is that in order for these schools to qualify for this funding, the schools must have a certain percentage of students pass the standardized tests that are given each year. While these tests are currently only being given to high school children, in the future these tests will be given to every child in every grade. In order for this to happen, every child will be taught the same material and thus receive the same education. Now if a child is unable to pass this standardized test in his last year of high school, then the child will either have to go to summer school and pass it or repeat his last year of high school
People who are in favor of this act say that it will make sure that every child who graduates from high school is prepared for the outside world. Since the money that schools receive is dependent upon these test scores, the schools are forced to focus upon what they consider the core contents, which is what is used to ensure that every child is properly educated. On the other hand, those who are against this act argue that the money should not be dependent upon how well the students do. They claim that those children who are in the poorer school districts do poorly because they are poor. Therefore they say that the money should be given to these children regardless of their test scores.
The money that these schools receive is divided up among many areas including: Comprehensive School Reform, Advanced Placement, School Improvement and School Dropout Prevention. A lot of teachers believe that this money is actually being wasted and that it should go to teachers salaries and text books, which is where teachers believe that the money is really needed.
Many people will emphatically tell you that they have a bad memory. However, unless you have been diagnosed with a debilitating brain disease there is no such thing as a bad memory. There is such a thing as an untrained memory though but this can be developed over the course of time. Here are some things that you can do to work upon boosting your memory:
1. There are some types of food that can keep our memory power intact. Some of the foods that will help to improve your brain power include: oily fish, eggs, beef, whole wheat, chicken, bananas, dairy products and avocados.
2. Work on improving your power of observation. One technique that works well here is link what you are trying to remember to something that you already do remember.
3. Take the time to slowly and steadily boost your concentration by trying to link together an unrelated list of words. This can be done by creating a story between the words that you then remember.
4. Try to find something new to learn each and every day you are alive. This will help you to become more alert and focused upon what you are doing. You can do this by learning a new word from the dictionary everyday and then try to use it in your daily conversations. Another idea is to read something from either the encyclopedia or online each day. You will soon become naturally attracted to new information which will inspire your brain to make effective connections with existing information so that you can remember it all.
5. If you are feeling good, your brain is more likely to learn and remember, so try to work on your positive thinking. It is also a good idea to deal with negative thoughts before you sit down to learn something.
6. Make sure that you deal with your stress appropriately. If you are under continuous stress your body will produce chemical by-products that will inhibit your memory.
7. You need to be sure to get enough sleep because dream (or REM) sleep is important for giving your brain the best opportunity to process new information and consolidate learning.
8. Did you know that exercise can not only improve your overall fitness, but it can also help your brain to work more efficiently? This is why your body needs a short break every 30 to 50 minutes while you are working or studying.
9. Keeping track of your sugar levels is important because your memory will be inhibited by low blood sugar levels. This is why it is a good idea to eat regular small meals with snacks in between and drink plenty of water or decaffeinated drinks.
If you take the time to do these things your memory will improve. Of course, you can also get a tutor. Not only can they work on some of the aforementioned techniques with you but they may also be able to teach you many other memory enhancing techniques.
As you get older, you may find yourself having a lot of wisdom and experience in a specific area and yet not know what you should do with it. Well, the great news is that you really can put all of this knowledge to good use. You can even use it to your advantage if you would like to become a tutor.
You will discover that your wisdom and knowledge are very valuable, especially when you stop to consider the world that we live in today. There are a lot of young people who would appreciate it if you become a tutor and share your wisdom and knowledge with them. Herein you will have the chance to work with some wonderful youngsters who will be our future. As such, you really are investing in a young person’s future whenever you become a tutor.
You may think that you do not have what it takes to become a tutor or that you do not have something specific that you can tutor someone in but you would be wrong. You can become a tutor in math, reading or writing. Now this is actually quite easy to do too. You can become a tutor without ever leaving your home thanks to TeachOrTutor.com. This just goes to show that if you really want to become a tutor, you can.
Of course, in order to become a tutor you may have to allow yourself to step outside of your comfort zone. This world of tutoring may seem strange and unfamiliar to you right now but it can actually be very fun and exciting to become a tutor. Plus, you will not only be doing something positive for yourself but you will also be able to positively influence those whom you are tutoring.
Now, you may be afraid that you may mess up whenever you are tutoring someone. Well, without making mistakes and trying new things that did not work, you would not have all of the wisdom and knowledge that you have today. So, lighten up and be realistic. Mistakes are just a part of life and just because you become a tutor does not mean that you will be free of mistakes.
Another great thing that will happen when you become a tutor is that you will get to know all kinds of new people. While you may find yourself being put off by them whenever you consider the first impressions that they make upon you, if you take the time to really get to know the person you may see that you were wrong. In order for this to happen though, you are going to have to take a chance. You will have to open yourself up enough to take a chance and venture out to become a tutor. In the end, you may actually find yourself being really surprised at the new friends you are able to make simply by venturing out to become a tutor.
Have you ever wondered when you should see a tutor? Well, there are lots of times when you can or should see one. For instance, do you need help with your homework? Do you need someone to help explain concepts or ideas to you? Are you in need of study strategies for quizzes and tests? All of these are great times to see a tutor before you begin to actually fall behind in your classes.
Whenever you do decide to start using a tutor, there are some things that you should take to your tutoring session with you. These include your textbooks, class notes, past quizzes and tests, your class syllabus, any homework that you have done and if you have any workbook problems or problem sets you should bring them with you as well. Basically, anything that pertains to the class that you need help with should be taken to your tutoring session.
Regardless as to whether you attend a tutoring service online or at the school where you are taking your classes, there are some things that you should and should not do at a tutoring session. Some of these things include:
1. Be sure that you are prepared for the tutoring session. This means that you will need to take the time become familiar with the material that you are going to be working on. It is also a good idea to prepare a list of questions to take with you whenever you are being tutored. You should also try to work through any problems or questions that are in your textbook before your tutoring session.
2. Whenever you have a question during the tutoring session make sure that you bring it up right away. There is no point continuing on if you do not understand what you are already working on.
3. If you happen to have a preferred way of learning, which is otherwise known as a learning style, then you need to be sure that you share this with your tutor right away.
4. You should never even consider asking your tutor to give you the answers to your homework or to do your homework for you. It is important to remember that your tutor is there to help you learn how to do the work yourself. Of course, this is a process. However, if you are unwilling to do your own homework, then you are not going to be able to learn.
5. Make sure that you do not wait until the day before or the day of a quiz or test to try to get help. At this point, help may not be available. Plus it is also important to remember that learning takes time, effort and planning.
While tutors are very helpful, it is even more helpful to get to know your instructor and their teaching assistant so that you can visit them during their office hours. They really are your best source of information for your classes. Plus they will be able to tell you where else you can go on campus to find other resources that will help you with the classes that you are taking.
There are a lot of students who have a tutor to help them when they are studying a language. If you choose to get a tutor whenever you are trying to learn the English language, there are some things that you should do in order to the most out of your tutoring sessions:
1. You should try to find someone who is a non-native English speaker so that you can learn the grammar, which can be somewhat difficult at times. Once you progress in your studies, do your best to try to find a tutor who is a native English speaker. In this way you will be able to learn the correct pronunciation of words and the appropriate usage of them as well.
2. If your tutor is going to fast for you, you should not just tell them that they are going too fast for you but make them repeat themselves. Only then will you be able to figure out what is causing you the difficulties that you are having. It could be that your tutor is speaking too fast; using too many words that you do not know; that the material is unfamiliar to you; or that your teacher’s accent is confusing you.
3. If you find that your tutor is not challenging you enough, it is important to let him know. You are going to want to learn new words and work on them until you master them. Herein it is a good idea to provide your tutor with lists of words and patterns that you want to work on and information about mistakes that you always make.
4. Make sure that you are able to tell when your tutor is correcting you so that you can learn how to correct yourself and reinforce any information that you may be struggling with.
5. Be sure to use English as much as possible. Insist that your tutor use English, even if they have an excellent command of your native language. Let your tutor know that whenever he speaks to you in your native language that you feel as though he does not believe that you are capable of using English.
6. Never allow your tutor to finish your sentence for you. Maybe you will need to develop 2 signals: 1 for asking for patience and 1 for authorizing the tutor to help you. After all, you want as little help from your tutor as possible.
7. In a one-on-one tutoring session, you should make sure to set clear boundaries stating who is really in charge. Herein it really is important for a tutor to understand that they are there to accommodate your needs as a student. This is especially true since you are not only paying your tutor with cash but you are also paying him with your valuable time. As such, your tutor should be more than willing to participate in any of the activities and drills that you propose, even if these things are not structured in the way that the tutor thinks they should be.
It is never too early to start teaching your children about money. However, you may be wondering how to go about doing so. This can then become overwhelming, especially when you look at everything that there is to teach them: earning, saving and spending money; paying taxes; and retirement. You may even wonder whether or not your children will even be able to learn all of this.
As you start to think about this you will certainly begin to find the answers that you need. One such idea is to give 3 different mason jars to each of your children. These mason jars are used to represent the different things about money. The first jar should be labeled “spend” as this is jar of money that your children will get to spend on anything that they want. The second jar should be labeled “charity” and will not be used by everyone. However, as parents it is still our duty to teach our children about giving money to those who are less fortunate than them so that they can make a difference. You will not want to tell them right away about the small tax write-off that you can get from charitable contributions on tax returns. The third jar should be labeled “savings” and should receive 25% (25 cents of every dollar) of the money. This is a great jar because whenever it is combined with the “spend” jar your children will have the opportunity to purchase the bigger ticket items that you may refuse to purchase for them. The fourth, and final, jar should be labeled “taxes” and receive the remaining 15% of the money. You can then put this money into the bank for your children to get back whenever they turn 18 and they are heading out into life. Your children can consider this as their reward for “retiring” from childhood into adulthood.
If you want to teach your children about credit, then you can act as their creditor. This is for those times when your children want something but do not have enough money between their “spend” and “savings” jars to purchase the item themselves. You can then purchase the item for them but charge them 1.5% interest. It is wise to write this down on a note that is attached to your child’s “spend” jar so that they will not forget to pay you back. Of course, an added benefit to doing this is that your children will not like owing you money and thus they will stop begging for things.
This system will give your children a head start on the notion of living within their means. You may be surprised to find yourself watching your own spending habits a little closer as well. If you still do not believe that this method could possibly work for teaching your children the hard facts of life, then give it a try and see for yourself. In the end, you may just wind up surprising yourself.
Learning sight words, which are also known as Dolche words, is an important part of learning how to read. These are words that are not meant to be sounded out. Instead, these words need to be memorized so that a person is able to maintain reading fluency without getting caught up on the words’ meaning. There are many really fun ways to teach these words to your students, including:
1. Teach these words by playing Battleship on a grid.
2. Place the words on the floor then toss a coin and say the word that the coin lands upon.
3. Sight words can be taught by playing twister. Simply use chalk to write the letters of the alphabet on a concrete floor. Have the children place their feet and hands on the letters to spell these words.
4. You can teach sight words by playing Hangman with the student.
5. Challenge your student to see just how fast they can find a specific sight word in the reading book that you are using.
6. Remember that teaching can be fun. So, have your children go outside and practice writing their words with chalk on the sidewalk.
7. Children always need to practice their handwriting, so why not teach 2 skills at once? Have your students practice their handwriting by writing their sight words. Another thing that you could teach here is alphabetizing by having students place the sight word cards in alphabetical order.
8. Post the sight words on a wall then use a flashlight to point to words for students to say.
9. Allow children to make their own scrapbooks using the sight words that they are learning. A different letter of the alphabet can be used on each page.
10. If you are teaching sight words to a more advanced group of students, then you can have them tell you what the missing sight word within the sentence is.
11. If you are teaching sight words to a group of students you could play musical words. In this game children pass words around in a circle until the music stops. The person who is holding the word when the music stops has to say the word. This game can be played with more than 1 word.
12. If you want to be artistic whenever you are teaching children their sight words, you should know that there are many ways of doing this. First of all, you can use play dough to make words. Secondly you can glue strings together to form the words. Third, you could use either alphabet stamps or stencils to “write” the words on a piece of colored construction paper.
13. Another artistic way of teaching sight words is by having the child write the word then trace over it 2 or more times with different colors.
14. Scrabble game pieces are great for doing more than just playing Scrabble. You can also use these, or magnetic letters, for teaching sight words.
15. You could also play stepping stones by placing words on the floor and having children walk over them saying the sight word as they step upon it.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways that you can make teaching and learning sight words fun. These are just a few examples. You can surely think of many more.
Regardless as to what a child wants to be whenever they grow up, every child should still have a solid education in science. This is important because science is all around us. Science is everywhere and it effects everything that we do. For this reason, those children that understand how science plays a role in our daily lives will have a wonderful foundation for success in life.
In today’s world many people seem to think that the only people that need to understand science are those that will work as scientists and engineers. However, this cannot be further from the truth. All children need to have a good science education in order to be successful. This has nothing to do with the child’s background, talents or abilities. Every child needs to be able to make sense of the world around them, so that they can make the best decisions possible in relation to what they want to do in or with life.
Children of any age can learn science. The earlier they start the better things will go. However, since children learn best through play and repetition it only makes sense to teach them about science in this fashion.
There are many wonderful science toys and activities for children as young as babies. For instance, babies can learn about cause and effect by crying whenever they are hungry or wet. They learning that you respond to these needs when they cry. This is the very simplest form of science. There are also wooden blocks that are wonderful for teaching balance, stacking and lessons about gravity.
Since play is the best way kids learn, it only makes sense to introduce them to toys that encourage understanding science. It is also important to understand that children use their imagination not only to have fun but also to figure out the world around them. This is why play time is such a wonderful time to introduce them to science. Just think of the wonderful science games and toys that you can play such as Don’t Spill the Beans, Block N Roll, the Telephone Game, Lincoln logs and patty cake. Of course, there are also board games such as Aggravation and Chinese Checkers that are not only fun but teach science too.
Children are also quite curious by nature. They are trying to makes sense of what is in the world around them. Science feeds that curiosity. Therefore, parents need to encourage and satisfy this hunger. Finding toys that will do this is not as difficult as one might think. There are plenty of science toy shops online where you can find unique science toys such as 3-D space projectors or Hydro Greenhouses. So, help your children appreciate and understand the world around them and how everything is linked together.