Revolutionizing the way we and learn
Between school, homework, activities and community service projects children are overscheduled today. Therefore it is really difficult to carve out even an hour a day for family time and yet many parents are thinking of getting tutoring for their children. Of course, this is not going to be an easy decision for you to make but there are some things that can help you to determine when it is appropriate to hire a tutor:
1. If your child needs to raise their grades, then a tutor can help them do so. For instance, if your child is having problems with math, then a math tutor can work with your child to help them understand the curriculum and thus be better prepared for their classes and tests. Of course, a tutor can also help your child raise their overall grade point average if they are falling behind in several subjects at once as well.
2. If your child is either gifted or accelerated, then tutoring can be a great tool for providing them with more advanced coursework. This is because a tutor can provide your child with more depth and complexity in the subjects that they are studying. As such your child will be kept stimulated so that they will stay on track in school.
3. If you feel as though your child has either a defeatist attitude or is lacking self-confidence in an academic setting, then a tutor can help your child with this as well. It does not matter why your child has developed this attitude, the fact is that it can negatively impact their attitude toward school, friendships and grades. However, a good tutor can help your child become motivated to succeed and feel confident in their ability to master what they are learning.
4. If your children are struggling with their note-taking, study or homework habits, a tutor can teach them how to succeed in school by showing them specific strategies for listening in class and studying at home.
5. If your child is preparing for the SAT, ACT or GRE then they will need to have all of the help that they can get so that they will be accepted to the colleges of their choice. A tutor can help your child master the material that is likely to be covered on the tests. They can also teach your child proven test taking skills that will ensure that their knowledge is reflected in their test scores.
If you choose to hire a tutor, then you need to know that there are different types of services available. These include:
1. Franchises are available that require you to drop off your child for one-on-one or group tutoring.
2. Companies exist that will provide a tutor who will come in to your home for individual tutoring.
3. Online tutors are also available via the Internet for one-on-one tutoring.
Considering how busy most families schedules are today, in-home or online tutoring are usually best because they provide the most flexibility. Most of the time they also provide the greatest returns on your investment as well.