Revolutionizing the way we and learn
There are many children in all grade levels who could really use some help with their schoolwork. Oftentimes parents are unable to give them the help and attention that they need to get back on track in a specific subject. This is when a tutor becomes the perfect solution.
There are a lot of local tutors who will tutor a student in their home or in the student’s home. However, the idea of an online tutor is still somewhat new. For those who have been working as tutors, you may find that you will attract more clients by tutoring online. Of course, if you have excelled in any particular subjects in school and now want to work as a tutor, this will work out well for you too.
In order to become an online tutor, there are some things that you are going to need. If you are unable to set these things up in a way that will be conducive for your tutoring, then you may want to check out such web sites as TeachOrTutor.com. The items that you are going to need include:
1. A web site is necessary so that you can promote your services online.
2. An email address that is dedicated to your tutoring business is a good thing to have so that your students can email you any questions that they have and so that you can send them exercises and practice tests.
3. A chat program will allow you to have one-on-one interaction with your students. This will allow you to be able to immediately respond to their questions and get feedback from them as well.
4. An Instant Messenger is very similar to a regular chat program. This is like using chat software without struggling to install it. A lot of people are already familiar with Instant Messenger so it is easy for them to get started.
5. A message board is a great tool to help you stay in contact with your students. This can be used for asking questions at any time of the day. You can then respond to these questions during your regular working hours. Another benefit here is that if you have a group of students that you are tutoring in a similar subject, they may benefit from being able to read and discuss their questions with one another while also getting help from you.
6. Video conferencing is also a great idea since it can help you come close to being in the same room with your students so that you can observe how they are doing. You can also view their body language this way so that you can determine whether or not they understand what you are talking about. These services are quite affordable, so this really is a viable option.
7. You may also want to offer a subscription-based service wherein you offer access to a database of tutorials, articles, FAQ’s and other resources that you have compiled to help your students with their schoolwork.
If you are interested in becoming an online tutor, then you should give it a try. Start spreading the word that you are accepting online students for tutoring.