Revolutionizing the way we and learn
If you would like to become a tutor, there are some things that you are going to do. These steps are as follows:
1. You are going to need to develop some expertise in the subject area that you wish to tutor in.
2. It is a good idea, although not required, to obtain some kind of recognized qualification in the subject that you want to become a tutor in.
3. You will need to make sure that you know and understand the curriculum or syllabus that you plan on teaching.
4. Take some time to prepare your lessons and practice them.
5. Make sure that you are very well organized when you first become a tutor. In fact, you are better off being over prepared than to run dry half way through a session.
6. Make sure that the lessons that you prepare are both interesting and interactive. Remember, when you become a tutor, it is the students who should be doing most of the work.
7. Always be sure that you listen to the student that you are tutoring. As a tutor, it is your job to respond to what they need help with or do not understand.
There are also some tips that will really help you out whenever you become a tutor, including:
1. Even though TeachOrTutor.com does some advertising for you, it is still a good idea to do some of your own advertising whenever you become a tutor. The best places to advertise are where parents will see your advertisements because these are your real clients.
2. Look around to see what other people on TeachOrTutor.com are charging. You will want to charge similar rates.
3. You are going to always want to make sure that you keep parents informed about their child’s progress.
4. Whatever you do when you become a tutor, make sure that you do not inflate a student’s ability. Of course, you are going to want to be encouraging though.
5. If you want to get some real life tutoring experience, then volunteer your time. This will also help you whenever you are tutoring online at TeachOrTutor.com. Of course, the more experience you have, the more you will be able to charge. You do not want to inflate your rates too much though.
While there are a lot of great tips and advice that will help you out a lot when you become a tutor, there are also some warnings that you should heed as well. These include:
1. Avoid any situation that will put you or your students in danger.
2. You should never become emotionally involved with your students.
3. You will hinder your ability to find work if you charge too much or too little. So, whenever you become a tutor on TeachOrTutor.com, take some time to look around and make sure that your rates are competitive.