Revolutionizing the way we and learn
It is possible to spend less than $25 and yet be prepared for the SAT test. Of course, you can also spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in preparation as well. Why would you want to waste your money though?
Here is what you are going to need to do if you want to spend only $25 in preparation:
1. Purchase the highest quality practice SAT tests available, which are the College Board tests.
2. Once you have some practice tests available to you, it is important to make sure that you use simulated conditions whenever you take them. For instance, when you are told to do 20 questions in 25 minutes, then you should do these 20 questions in 25 minutes. You should also sit at a table whenever you are taking these tests. It is also important to understand that you do not have to do an entire test at one practice session, but you should do at least 1 full section.
3. Immediately after you take the practice test, you should grade your answers so that you know which ones you missed. This does not mean that you have to sit down and learn these things right now, but you do need to identify the questions that you have answered incorrectly.
4. Once you have discovered what mistakes you have made, it is time to go into review mode. The questions that you will want to look at here are those that you answered wrong, skipped, guessed correctly and the ones that you got right but thought you took too long or feel that you need to review some more.
5. Try to get together with 2 to 5 different people for a study group. Since everyone will have different questions that they need to review you will have plenty of opportunity to explain these answers. Here, you will benefit in 2 ways: First, you will benefit from getting correct explanations to the questions that you got wrong. Secondly, you will benefit from explaining answers to other questions and thus be able to learn the concept so much better. If nobody knows the correct answer to a specific question, then go to either your parents, teachers or find a tutor.
6. Spend some time looking at the various Internet sites that post answers to SAT questions. Of course, this is also a great place to get answers to your own questions as well.
So, you have spent $20 to purchase the College Board book of practice tests. You can then use the remaining $5 on ice cream. This is something that you definitely deserve after all of this studying for what will be a very long test.